MLI works with the pastor to identify key areas where support is needed and then designs a training and ongoing support process to best meet the needs of the pastor and his team. Costs depend on the situation and training/support desired.
A typical sequence of training is as follows:
- The identified congregational leadership team and the pastor take the StrengthsFinder assessment and receive individual Skype conferences with a skilled StrengthsFinder coach prior to MLI coming on site. The group also complete several readings prior to the training.
- A Friday evening on-site team training session that focuses on team strengths, building a Christian leadership team, and the setting of team goals.
- A Saturday session doing one of the following:
- Growing the leadership skills of the team through transformational leadership and DICE+1 training
- Guiding the team through the development of a Vision Traction Organizer (VTO) , which is an abbreviated strategic planning tool with traction steps built right in. The goal is to know where the Lord is leading your ministry and the steps to take to get there.
- Quarterly follow-up for one year on team building and VTO progress
The training and support are always connected to the MLI Pillars and include all of the following in the process:
- Gospel focus and motivation
- Connecting the right tools, resources, and people
- Targeted pre-work
- Time during instruction to work with current ministry issues
- Ongoing coaching and support
To explore how MLI can help strengthen your pastoral leadership skills and your leadership team’s skills, please contact Greg Schmill.